Thursday, May 05, 2005

Return to Pringle's Poetry Place...

And now, because so many people demanded it (I'm looking at you Vanessa), let us revisit the masterpieces of Thaddeus Pringle: Poet, Playwright, Scholar, and Genius...

Ode To Sheep
(Fuzzy, Fuzzy Sheep)
By Thaddeus Pringle: Friend to Sheep
~
Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep
How I love it when they bleat
The thought doth rob me of my sleep
Fuzzy, naughty, little sheep
~
Sheep be soft, compact and ducky
Oft times their eyes are rather runny
Their fluffy tails make me feel funny
I long to smear their legs with honey
~
Buy alas, my love is unrequited
For when I approach, my hands are bited
Someday I shall win their affections
Without, I pray, undue infections
__________________________________


Ode to Cheese
By Thaddeus Pringle: Cheese Eater
~
I ponder all the cheese that ere I saw
I wish to cram it in my maw
Be it yellow, white, green or smooshy
Cheese feels good rubbed on my tushy
~
If I could eat but one sole victual
Than swallowing cheese would be my ritual
Oh how I love fomented curds
They strengthen muscles, harden...
~
Ummm... Cheese is good for the digestion, know you.
That be all.
Begone!
___________________________________

Exotic Jungle Amour
(or "Ode to Monkeys" the sequel)
By Thaddeus Pringle: Cunning Linguist
~
Zebras and Elephants
Apes in the trees
Thy beauty adorns thee
Like a jungle breeze
~
Lush green trees be exceedingly fine
I should forswear their visage
If thou couldst be mine
~
Thy cascading tresses are as spun silk to me
Were I a monkey I'd gladly groom thee
~
Monkey Monkey Monkey Monkey
Monkey Monkey MONKEY!!!
_____________________________________

These are original Thaddeus Pringle (AKA John Michael Decker) poems.
Please be aware that this is copyrighted material
and not to be used for sale or publication without my express written permission.
=====
"And I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"
John Michael Decker

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And now a lost Thaddeus Pringle poem. This is perhaps the most "wrong" piece of verse ever written by Pringle, and that's saying something...

Ode to Incontinence
By
Thaddeus Pringle: Sultan of Soliloquies
~
When I partake of foods both foul & greazy
My stomach doth tend to get cramped & sleazy
My bowels be tied in a big fat knot
I would give my kingdom for a chamber pot
~
I attempt to flee, but it be too late
I can not escape my aweful fate
The die is cast, the beast is loose
Why did I eat a whole Christmas goose?
~
I wish I had an adult diapie
Will some fair wench pray come and wipe me?
Please do hurry, I must beg
For something be running down my leg