Sunday, September 25, 2005

Several Haikus

Ode to Mike Mignola
(Creator of Hellboy)
Risen from dark flame
To battle the Nazi hoard
Hellboy rules all life
***
Internet Blues
Computer's harsh glow
Contemplating my future
Future glows harshly
***
Drivin' to Florida
Sweating my ass off
Freon makes the car run cool
Zues; send me FREON!
***
Lesson
Little towhead girl
Reaches towards the kitty cat
Slashing claws draw blood
***
Spam for Breakfast
Sliding from it's tin
I masticate my fake meat
Gelatinous ooze
***
Hell in a Hand Basket
Double U must fall
Else all we hold dear is lost
The earth dies screaming
***
Doomed
The end times are nigh
A moron usurps the throne
George Bush chaps my ass
***
Red State Blues
The world is not right
Up is down and black is white
Republicans bite
***
America the Shell-Shocked
Spineless donkeys watch
Elephants rape the eagle
Democracy fails
***
Regeneration
Mother Earth strikes back
Destroying the human plague
Roaches get their shot
***
Crash
Gray clouds fill the sky
Rain dapples the pavement black
Skidding towards a tree
***
These poems are copyrighted by John Michael Decker. Any publication or sale of this work without the authors express written permission is forbidden.
--------------------------------------------------------
=====
"And I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"
John Michael Decker

No comments: